HEALTH INSURANCE: MORE THAN 50 FTEs
Before the spring of 2016, if your organization had at least 50 eligible employees, the insurance industry would typically set your medical insurance rates using the demographics of your employees, their actual claims experience, and claims experience in the geographic region...
VitalHealth is an alternative option - a Multiple Employer Welfare Trust (MEWA) - that is newly available to Maryland Nonprofits' members. Your organization can join with others in the sector to access rates that are developed from within the trust. You have nothing to lose by requesting a quote to join VitalHealth. In the (unlikely) event that your rates are lower, keep the coverage!
- Purchasing insurance with fellow nonprofits - currently over 5,000 satisfied nonprofit employees and family members enrolled with a 90% renewal rate!
- Choice of seven (7) medical plans from CareFirst. Coverage options include HMO, Point of Service and PPO plans as well as a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Dental and vision coverage available to eligibe organizations.
- COBRA Coverage: Offered to active members regardless of size.
- Medical Gap Plan: Optional coverage for employees enrolled in the VitalHealth medical plans to reimburse employees for medical deductibles and co-payment costs.
- July 1 to June 30 plan year. New members approved monthly.
- Basic life coverage is required if you enroll in medical insurance.
Who Can Enroll?
- You must be an active Maryland Nonprofits member with MORE THAN 50 FTEs to apply to VitalHealth.
- Participation in VitalHealth requires a separate application process and is not automatic with Maryland Nonprofits membership. Not yet a Maryland Nonprofits member? Join today! VitalHealth medical plans are not available to employee groups with fewer than 50 FTEs in Maryland.
Rates are based on the experience of participating nonprofits. Your organization is not individually rated by the insurance companies. All participating employers pay the same rates regardless of size, health condition of the group or age of your employees.
By purchasing your benefits through Maryland Nonprofits' partnership, you help support your association. Maryland Nonprofits earns royalties on your premiums, which supports training, technical assistance, and other membership benefits.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Download the VitalHealth Flyer >>
Please contact Rob Cannon, Executive Vice President, Gorges & Co: 410.561.8280 or email Rob.
VitalHealth is offered in partnership with