The first day of the Maryland Nonprofits & MARFY Annual Conference, Oct. 4, is sold out! Registration is still open for day two of the conference on Oct. 5. Register.
Day two of #MANOAC18 features sessions for human service workers, grantmakers, CFOs, finance managers, and more. Earn up to 6 CEUs and 4.5 CFREs.
Highlights from Day 2 of the conference include:
- Learning from Youth Experiences in Foster Care - Youth Panel: Hear directly from youth in foster care who will share their stories and reflect on their experiences.
- Getting Your Foot in the Door with Grantmakers: Four grantmakers will share information from their experiences working with first-time grantees and discuss the most effective ways for your organization to get noticed and get a proposal invited.
- Maryland's Opioid Crisis and Opioid Response Training: Panelists will discuss the status of the opioid crisis, what is working, and what needs more attention. The session will include training on the use of intranasal naloxone, and participants will receive a free naloxone kit to administer to victims of an opioid overdose.
- Use of Self for Ethical and Cultural Competence in Social Work: This three-hour ethics workshop focuses on the development of skills for the development and application of a cultural lens when engaging with clients and conducting clinical assessments.
- Recovering Indirect Costs: Learn how to recover the "indirect costs" of providing services for the state or federal government. This workshop will include exercises based on your own organization's activities and finances - bring your most recent audit and/or Form 990.